Dog Guide Handlers Australia 2021 Conference
This year Dog Guide Handlers Australia (DGHA) will be holding our Bi-Annual conference online via Zoom. It will be held on Saturday 19th June and Sunday 20th June 2021
Please find a link to the Program below (subject to change).
We would like to Thank the Department of Social Services for their Conference funding support and Vision Australia for their kind support.
To Register for the Dog Guide Handlers Australia (DGHA) online Conference. Register via email
Please send an email with the following:
And any specific support needs you have to be able to attend and participate in the conference:
You will need to Register to receive the Zoom details. We will be sending out Conference packs to your Postal Address.
Vision Australia Radiothon is on now, June 1 to 30 June 2021
Our friends at Vision Australia Radio are holding a fundraising campaign during June. If you are able to support Vision Australia Radio, please do so. Vision Australia Radio has been supportive of Dog Guide Handlers Australia.
About Dog Guide Handlers Australia
Dog Guide Handlers Australia (DGHA) is an independent non profit association of dog guide handlers , and is not affiliated with any dog guide organisation.
DGHA strives to foster, represent, promote, enhance and protect the interests of Australians who are dog guide handlers.
DGHA draws on the experiences and varied knowledge of its members, to provide peer support, advocacy and information for dog guide handlers throughout Australia.
Dog Guide Handlers Australia was formed in August 2009 by four passionate people who were inspired by similar groups which exist in other countries.
DGHA was registered as an incorporated association in January 2011.
DGHA does not have a physical office, and we have no paid staff.
The DGHA Committee is a group of dedicated volunteers who meet regularly via teleconference.
Some of the issues we are advocating for include:
- DGHA hosts biennial national conferences around Australia, to enable people with disability to meet together for peer support, networking, sharing information and participating in various workshop sessions and discussion forums.
- DGHA HOSTS regular members teleconference meetings, with invited guest speakers, and focus topic discussions.
- Advocating for equal access to client services. This includes assistting dog guide organisations to establish client advisory committees, throughout Australia.
- Developing a national photo identity card.
- Establishing availability of toileting areas for dog guide and service/assistance dogs within Australian airports.
- Advocating for the establishment of national standards for assistance dog training, public access testing and accreditation.
- Representation on external consultations on issues that affect people with disability.