Notice of Dog Guide Handlers Australia (Inc) 2021 Annual General Meeting
Notice is hereby given that the Dog Guide Handlers Australia (Inc) Annual General Meeting, will be held on Wednesday November 24, 2021 by teleconference (Zoom).
The meeting will be held at 4pm in WA, 6 pm in QLD, 6.30 pm in SA, and 7pm in NSW, ACT and VIC.
Details for accessing the Annual General Meeting will be communicated to all members prior to the meeting for both internet and telephone attendance.
Nominations for Committee:
As per the DGHA Rules, this year, due to rotation of committee members, the positions of Deputy-Chairperson, Secretary, and one general committee member are due for election.
If you would like to nominate for positions on the DGHA committee, please download and complete the: DGHA committee nomination form and return by email no later than 26th October 2021 to: email@example.com
Dog Guide Handlers Australia
Dog Guide Handlers Australia 2021 National Conference
IN 2021 Dog Guide Handlers Australia (DGHA) held its Bi-Annual conference online via Zoom on Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th June.
We would like to Thank the Department of Social Services for their Conference funding support and Vision Australia for their kind sponsorship.
to check out what happened, listen to the audio, or read the captions transcription we captured, please go to: Our Conference page
About Dog Guide Handlers Australia
Dog Guide Handlers Australia (DGHA) is an independent non profit association of dog guide handlers , and is not affiliated with any dog guide organisation.
DGHA strives to foster, represent, promote, enhance and protect the interests of Australians who are dog guide handlers.
DGHA draws on the experiences and varied knowledge of its members, to provide peer support, advocacy and information for dog guide handlers throughout Australia.
Dog Guide Handlers Australia was formed in August 2009 by four passionate people who were inspired by similar groups which exist in other countries.
DGHA was registered as an incorporated association in January 2011.
DGHA does not have a physical office, and we have no paid staff.
The DGHA Committee is a group of dedicated volunteers who meet regularly via teleconference.
Some of the issues we are advocating for include:
- DGHA hosts biennial national conferences around Australia, to enable people with disability to meet together for peer support, networking, sharing information and participating in various workshop sessions and discussion forums.
- DGHA HOSTS regular members teleconference meetings, with invited guest speakers, and focus topic discussions.
- Advocating for equal access to client services. This includes assistting dog guide organisations to establish client advisory committees, throughout Australia.
- Developing a national photo identity card.
- Establishing availability of toileting areas for dog guide and service/assistance dogs within Australian airports.
- Advocating for the establishment of national standards for assistance dog training, public access testing and accreditation.
- Representation on external consultations on issues that affect people with disability.